Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sweet B*tch 2005 California Merlot

Though the name is sexy, the taste is reminiscent of little italy and san janero outside with christmas lights, cheap pasta, and marty who swears that what he's pouring me is the best in the house (my tongue tells me cheap bulk port wine). After a tiny sip, I turn my nose up, slam the glass down, and pass it to johnny-boy who looks at me blankly with game controller in hand. "Drink this !" I command. He puts down the controller, sniffs the glass like a pup sniffs a pile previously laid by another dog, lets out a trademark "eh, I'll drink it if you don't want it" and finishes my glass for me. Pete returns from the kitchen for his sip, and also does not seem impressed. Strange that this is a merlot self-proclaimed as "slightly sweet and fruity."

[4.3.07] Johnny-boy asks for the sweet b*tch after discarding the lovely wedge of brie I brought out for him. More than half the bottle remained. He popped the cork out and continued to swig the sweet juice like a bottle of mickey until it was empty. classy.

Alcohol 13%
Country of Origin: USA
Region: Goal Winery, Soledad, California
Paid $8 for 750 mL @ Pelham Bay Wines